Why DISC ADVANCED®?
7 Major Advantages of the DISC ADVANCED® profile system
- The DISC ADVANCED® profile system is a “real world” process. You see, we believe a psychometric instrument isn’t just about the theory and the instrument interpretation. Unfortunately however, this is often all that happens. The DISC ADVANCED® process is about achieving real outcomes in the workplace environment. Having the DISC Profile is just the start.
- The DISC ADVANCED® system is not just more advanced but is also more complete. The framework is designed to provide users with practical and, most importantly, useable, information. Too often behavioural assessment systems are incomplete, leaving participants wondering, “What now?” The DISC ADVANCED® process provides a platform for achieving real results.
- DISC ADVANCED® profiles, unlike other assessments, measures both the subconscious or ‘natural style’ and the conscious or ‘adjusted style’. This tells us both the preferred and therefore normal behaviour plus the adjusted behaviour brought about by reaction to the current environment.
- DISC ADVANCED® is difficult to cheat. There are mechanisms in the system that indicate unreliable results. Assessments can be (and often are) answered by the respondent in the way they believe the employer would like them to answer.
- The DISC ADVANCED® profile system can indicate the influence of the present environment on a person’s motivation.
- DISC ADVANCED® profiles provide Action Plans relating specifically to the person’s behavioural style. This is very valuable in the development of the person and a great tool in moving them forward to where they want to get to.
- DISC ADVANCED® profiles indicate if the person is comfortable with their environment, if they are being stretched too far or conversely perhaps feeling restricted.
Some Further Points that Make DISC ADVANCED® Simple to Use and Understand
Simple to administer – people can go on-line or complete the questionnaire on paper.
- Saves time (= money) as ease of completion of questionnaire regardless of location.
- Reports can be integrated into interviews adding a new dimension to interview questioning
Multiple uses and applications – recruitment, appraisals, development and team dynamics
- Can be used as a stand alone recruitment and selection tool as well as integrated into staff development strategies
Based on the internationally recognised four quadrant model of DISC
- Externally & independently validated
Cost effective – a sophisticated system available at a competitive price
Can be used with the knowledge that you are obtaining a world class product
- You are assured of precise and accurate reports over a very significant range of behavioural styles
Can determine if someone is working outside their comfort zone – essential in ensuring best job fit
- Behavioural styles can be assessed in the recruitment process limiting errors by interviewers including “gut feel” in decision making
- Measures the influence of the current environment on someone’s motivation
- Assists you to re-motivate your team by simply addressing their specific needs – priceless information for an employer
- Accurate and practical reports, which describe a person’s subconscious behavioural style – the real person
- DISC ADVANCED® is not just a profile but a complete “real world” system for the development and recruitment of personnel